Thursday, July 15, 2021

Moab

 We drove down to Moab, UT on July 6 to meet up with our younger daughter Kerri and her family.  We went to Arches National Park, and Canyonlands National Park.  Here are some pictures from Arches NP.  


The first two are Delicate Arch, the arch that is often pictured in a variety of publications.





The next two are Windows Arches




I wonder why they call this Balanced Rock


Here are some pics of where we stayed at Red Cliffs Lodge just outside of Moab.




Then on to Canyonlands NP with grandkids Jack and Maggie




That is the Colorado River on the right on the way back to our lodge.





After Moab, Kerri and Maggie followed us back up to Dutch John, UT to stay for a few days.  While there, we rafted on the first section below the dam which I think was prettier than the last section.




Bonnie, Kerri, and Maggie went horseback riding from the Red Canyon Lodge.


On the way to the Red Canyon Lodge, we saw some big horn sheep.



Now for those of you who have read my past blogs, you know that Bonnie and I have a tradition for our anniversary where Bonnie wears her original wedding dress from 48 years ago and I dress in whatever attire is appropriate for the occasion. So here we are and I am wearing the uniform the US Forest Service provides to me.


But something that made it even better was having my favorite granddaughter, Maggie, join us also dressed in a US Forest Service uniform.


Kerri bought Bonnie, Maggie, and herself matching tops so it was only appropriate to take their picture at the worlds largest fishing fly.


OBSERVATIONS:
I've had a few people ask me about wildlife we've seen.  So far, we have seen, antelope, mule deer, moose, big horn sheep, elk, and a picture of a black bear.

I've also had a couple of people ask me if we have had any food different than normal.  To that I have to say we went to the Red Canyon Lodge and had something that was absolutely wonderful; Elk sliders with caramelized onions.  We will definitely go back again for these.




2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! The wedding dress picture! We finally get a picture of you two! Yall look great! Glad you're getting to spend time with family too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the interest of keeping your identity private, are your initials RE?

      Delete