Monday, April 16, 2018

Boston Marathon activities

We hopped on the subway and went out to marathon mile marker 24 to wait for Kerri. Even though it was horrible weather conditions, we dressed for it and stood out and cheered for the runners.  I held my left hand out for those runners who wanted to 'high five' someone and you would be amazed of the number of runners who came over to 'high five' me.


There were people of all nationalities and all sizes.  If you look right in the center of the picture, you will see a "little" person.


In just to the left of center of this picture is Kerri. I thought she looked GREAT considering this is at mile marker 24.


Before we left the house to cheer on the runners, we donned the shirts Kristin made.  The shirts read "Team Kerri   #18831"  on the front, and "Behind every great Boston Marathoner is a family who cheers them on LOUDLY!!" on the back.

I had some ask me to post Kerri's results.  She completed the 26.2 mile course in 3 hours, 34 minutes, and 34 seconds.  I thought this was phenomenal due to the weather conditions and considering the elite runners were about 20-30 minutes behind their times from last year.  Kerri's normal time is around 3 hours and 21minutes.  She has qualified for the 2019 Boston Marathon.

If you ever wondered what the Boston Marathon medal looks like, here it is

1 comment:

  1. I loved these postings! And, it looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete