Sunday, June 22, 2014

Now on the Alaskan Highway

June 21 - 22 - Days 14 - 15

We stayed at Charlie Lake just north of Ft. Saint John last night.  Tragic history about our army troops there while building the Alaskan Highway.  This morning we pressed on north with no urgency.  Stopped for lunch at one of the many pull-offs.  You just don't get tired of the scenery:





           Our lunch view





We saw four of these guys today, and one cow moose with her calf.  This one was real close to our RV.





OBSERVATIONS (and other unscientific experiments)

While working for the company from which I retired, I had the opportunity to visit many automotive assembly plants which made me notice all vehicles.  So in my unscientific experiment, I noticed that out of 10:
  • pickup trucks (non tourist) - 6 were GM (Chevy & GMC), Ford and Dodge had 2 each
  • big trucks - Peterbuilt and Kenworth had 9 and the other one was divided amongst all others
  • sport utility vehicles - 8 were Jeep, and the other two divided amongst all others



1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your and Bonnie's adventures, Glenn! Thanks for sharing. I feel like I'm in the RV with you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete